From historic mansions and squares to coastal waterways and civil war relics, there are tons of things to see in the breathtaking city of Savannah, Georgia. Known for its rich history, unbelievable views, and comforting Southern hospitality, this lovely town attracts millions of visitors each year who hope to catch a glimpse of the city’s magic. The next time you’re in the area, be sure to plan a day (or a few!) and do some sightseeing in Savannah, GA.
Where To Go Sightseeing in Savannah, GA
We know how overwhelming it can be to want to see all of the best Savannah attractions in a short period of time. To solve this problem, we recommend taking one of the many guided tours available in the city. Not only are these tours informative and educational, you can stop and explore tons of fascinating landmarks along the way! Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy a day of sightseeing in Savannah.
- Old Savannah Tours: Guests can choose from seven different trolley tours that travel throughout the famous Savannah historic district with Old Savannah Tours. Experienced (and entertaining!) guides will narrate and explain over 270 years of American History while stopping at some of the most well-known hotspots in the city. You can even bring your pets along for the ride!
- Savannah Bonaventure Dash Tours: These two-hour walking tours take guests through the beautiful Bonaventure Cemetery and tell fascinating tales of the residents who strolled the city’s cobblestone streets long ago. You’ll explore the lives of notable inhabitants like Academy Award-winning songwriter Johnny Mercer, Georgia’s first governor Edward Telfair, and beloved poet Conrad Aiken.
- Dolphin Magic Tours: Sit back, relax, and enjoy a two-hour narrated cruise along Savannah’s waterways to beautiful Tybee Island. You’ll be able to see Savannah’s historic waterfront, Fort Jackson, Fort Pulaski, Cockspur Island, the Cockspur Island Lighthouse, and the Tybee Island Lighthouse. Don’t forget to wave hello to the dolphins!
- Ghost Tours: As one of the most haunted cities in America, taking a ghost tour after the sun goes down is one of the most popular Savannah, GA activities. You can choose from a variety of creepy excursions including cemetery strolls, haunted trolley tours, and midnight moonlit walks to some of the city’s most bone-chilling venues.
- Savannah Tour Walk: Ideal for getting some fresh air, exercise, and a great education, these sightseeing tours cover some of the most interesting information on our charming city. For 90 minutes you’ll stroll through prominent town squares and learn about the area’s early beginnings, civil war era, and revolutionary periods, all while being lead by a guide whose heritage dates back to Savannah’s founding in 1733.
See the Best of Savannah
After a wonderful day of exploring, head back to the Presidents’ Quarters Inn and enjoy some sightseeing right from your room! Located on Oglethorpe Square, our beautiful bed and breakfast offers incredible views of the city and the chance to experience comfort, relaxation, and luxury in the heart of Savannah’s historic district. What’s better than that?