With a rich history that dates back to the 1700’s, the beautiful city of Savannah, Georgia, offers endless opportunities for education and exploration. Visitors especially enjoy learning about the city’s past on historic Savannah tours, where experienced guides will take you to the waterways, squares, mansions, and landmarks that have made this town so famous. From walking tours to trolley rides, you’ll see the true beauty of Savannah and will be dazzled by fascinating facts you may not have known before – and it’s all just minutes from the Presidents’ Quarters Inn! Here are some of the best ways to learn about our city.
Our Favorite Historic Savannah Tours
- Historic Savannah Carriage Tours: No trip to Savannah is complete without a horse-drawn carriage ride through the cobblestone streets! Carriage Tours of Savannah offers 50-minute narrated rides that depart from the City Market and travel through town at a leisurely pace. For a more intimate experience, reserve a romantic private tour where your driver will take you through the quiet neighborhoods of the beautiful Historic District.
- Savannah Tour of Homes: Each spring, the Savannah Tour of Homes & Gardens gives visitors a rare glimpse into the private homes of city locals. On these daily walking tours, guests can admire some of the oldest houses in the area and see beautiful furnishings that have been treasured by prominent families for generations. Don’t forget to bring your camera!
- Secrets of Savannah Tour: Known as one of the best Savannah historic walking tours, the Secrets of Savannah Tour allows guests to enjoy some fresh air and exercise while learning about the city’s early beginnings. This 90-minute tour will take you through various town squares and will touch on colonial, revolutionary, antebellum, slavery, civil war, and post-civil war periods, all narrated by Savannah local Daniel Bonnell.
- Old Town Trolley Tours: Guests can choose from seven different tours that travel throughout the historic district by trolley. Along the way, experienced guides will narrate and explain over 270 years of American history while stopping at some of the most well-known landmarks in the city, including the Davenport House, historic River Street, and the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist.
- Savannah Haunted Tours: As one of the most haunted cities in the United States, Savannah offers a variety of ghost tours that are guaranteed to give you a few goosebumps! Enjoy learning about the town’s mysterious past as you venture through famous cemeteries, bone-chilling squares, and paranormal pubs – if you dare.
Step Back in Time at the Presidents’ Quarters Inn
Situated in the heart of the historic district, our beautiful bed and breakfast is your ideal homestead in Savannah and even boasts its own historical significance! Originally constructed in 1855, our twin Federal-style mansions were renovated in 2007 and now feature 16 comfortable rooms and suites. Our rooms are decorated with both antique and period reproduction furnishings, and each is named after a U.S. President who has visited the city. Learn more about our historic inn by booking your stay today!